- Seeking a senior-level software developer with current hands-on programming experience to be part of a defensive cyber-lab that performs cyber and forensic evaluations of hardware devices and software products to identify exploits and critical vulnerabilities.
- This individual is part of a team of engineers that includes electrical, manufacturing, cyber, forensic, networking and sys-admins that work together to reverse engineer devices and their operating software using various tools, scientific methods and approaches.
- The position requests 15 years of technology experience with 7 years in programming and system development. The ability to quickly learn to read and program in a diverse set of programming and scripting languages is required (Assembler, C, Java, SQL, Lua, Python and others will be encountered).
- Software, firmware and malware analysis is performed using reverse-engineering and disassembly of code objects. The ability to learn IDA-PRO will be required to evaluate binary files embedded within software products and hardware devices (PC’s, switches, routers, phones, televisions, printers, etc.).
- Interests and knowledge of operating systems, firmware, embedded programming and scripting is important. Interest in researching and understanding malware and current exploit methods is important. This individual will lead the software, firmware and embedded programming efforts for the team. It is anticipated that equipment, tools and training will be provided to support this role.
- Top Secret security clearance, SCI eligible; active TS/SCI preferred
- DoD 8570 IASE Level III – CISSP or the ability to achieve cert requirements within 1 year
- 15+ years of experience, 7 of which is directly relevant to contract
- BS in Computer Science or related, post-grad in CS highly desirable
- C++ needed
- Machine assembly language nice to have but not needed
- The ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Have strong organization and time management skills
- The ability to work at a high operational tempo and in crisis situations
Place of performance: Landover, MD