SOFTWARE TESTER, to support a contract in Reston, VA.
This position requires an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will be directly involved in redeveloping and executing test plans, procedures, and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing. Responsibilities include, consulting with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications, create automated test scripts, test existing applications for compliance with upgrades, and ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment. They will ensure that the software interfaces properly with both new and existing systems. The candidate will also be writing detailed test plans, procedures, and scenarios and document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures and disseminate to the test team to ensure test team has clearly defined processes.
- Requires a TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and minimum of five (5) years of software testing experience.
- Considerable knowledge of at least one automated performance test tool.
- Ability to create automated test scripts proficiently.
- Ability to interpret requirements and translate them into precise test cases.
- Experience with test procedure development, maintenance, and execution
- Familiarity with concepts of web-based software applications
- Familiarity with the concepts of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Knowledge of the SQL database query language to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed.
- Ability to detect, report, and explain defects effectively.
- Ability to plan, set goals, and determine strategies for accomplishing results.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with customers and developers
- Web-based software development experience using Microsoft .NET
- Experience with HP Unified Functional Testing software